Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cycle 1

Our first TTC cycle was 4/27/11 - 5/26/11. It ended with a negative (BFN) on the home pregnancy test (HPT). Since it was the first cycle, we had no idea what we were doing. Mid way through, I started charting my temperatures in the mornings with a basal body thermometer. I also got active on a forum website called The Mommy Playbook and learned a lot about how my body would tell me when it was ready if I just took some time to listen to it! I love this forum and the ladies on it.

We are working with my OBGYN and this is the plan for our first three cycles:

Estradiol (estrogen) for cycle day (CD) 8-12
Lots of coitus (BDing), esp. CD 10-16
Prometrium (progesterone) for CD 17-29
Test on CD 27 &/or 28
Hope for positive on HPT (BFP)!!
If BFP, continue Prometrium and call my OBGYN!!!!
If BFN, stop Prometrium and wait for my period to move to the next cycle :)

I made it through my first cycle and although we came up with a negative, we both learned a lot and feel better prepared to move forward with our decision. So....on to cycle 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment