Monday, June 27, 2011

End of Cycle 2 - The good and the bad

My plan with my OBGYN is to test on CD27 & CD28.
If BFP's, call her and celebrate
If BFN's, stop the Prometrium on CD28, wait for AF, and cry a little

--------

6/22/11 Update

6/22 was CD27, so here's my first test with FMU from that day:



B.F.N.

I decided to go ahead and test the next morning, but I was pretty sure I was out this cycle. My temp chart was insane and I have no idea what to even make of it this month. I have an appointment on July 7th, so I'm going to print all of my chart & info out and be sure to take it with me.

--------

6/23/11 Update

It's CD28. I begrudgingly got up this morning to test since I was already convinced it was going to be a BFN. I watched and waited and then moved the stick over to take a pic to post another BFN for my TMP ladies and then I saw it...



Wait, is that a line? Am I seeing things? What the heck? (Sorry about the urine spots) So I begged DH to get up and look and he said he thought he saw one, too. So, I panicked a little and decided to shower and get ready for work.

Called my OB and they said, congrats! Stay on the Prometrium, we'll schedule you for a sono and appointment next week and go from there. Then they called back and said, oh it's too early for sono, need to push that and the appointment out to 7/11. I said I was nervous since it was so faint, they said no matter how faint, its a positive, but they suggested taking a digital test to ease my mind.

So, I bought digis on the way home and took one when I got home. Only had about 3 hrs of urine saved up. It says "Not Pregnant" So, I don't know what to think now.

Here's some tweaked pics:





Morning test was a First Response brand, digi was a Clear Blue.

I'm freaked out and unsure if I should be happy or sad.

----------
6/24 - 6/26

I was having spotting/bleeding and mild cramping when I woke up Friday, so I went in to the OB to do a blood test. They wouldn't get the results until Monday and would call me then. Had the bleeding/spotting continue through the weekend, along with bedrest per OB.

I pretty much was convinced all weekend that I was having a miscarriage. How can I get a BFP without the hormone being there? How can I get period bleeding while still taking the Prometrium? This had to be something more serious than my period right?

I cried a couple of times, posted a lot on TMP, got taken care of wonderfully by my DH. It was breaking my heart that I was potentially not pregnant - either because the test was wrong or because I was miscarrying. I realized how badly I want to be a mommy and how great of a dad DH is going to be and it hurt feeling like this wasn't going to be our month.

----------
6/27

Got the call from my OB. They said the numbers showed that I was not pregnant. So they are calling the positive above in the pictures a false positive :( OB thinks the spotting/bleeding this weekend was my period even though I was still taking the progesterone pills and I'm not supposed to get AF while on those. They said it does happen sometimes. This morning, very little to none on the spotting - I wonder if I will get another round of AF when I stop the Prometrium tonight? This afternoon and evening has been back to a light period, unfortunately.

Good News
  • It's not a loss.
  • I was on bedrest during AF which made it so much more bearable.
  • We can continue to TTC with this new cycle.

Bad News
  • I feel like an idiot, especially on TMP - but the ladies on there have assured me I don't need to feel that way
  • There's no proof that I'm even able to get pg.
  • I'm not pregnant

So, I'm moving on to Cycle 3 with mixed emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment